The Atomic and Molecular Data Unit manages several numerical and bibliographic databases for fusion and other plasma science research:
Classification of Collisional Processes
The Nuclear Data Section issues a set of classifications of plasma processes for use in databases and other resources. The most recent update, version 2.0, was released after the AMD Unit's 2019 meeting on Software Tools for Atomic and Molecular Databases.
ORNL "Red Book" Series: Atomic Data for Fusion
The Controlled Fusion Atomic Data Center (CFADC) at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) produced a series of printed compilations of atomic data for fusion applications known as the "Red Books". Since its closure, scanned versions of some of these reports have been difficult to find – they are provided for download below as a convenience to the fusion data community.
- Volume 1: "Collisions of H, H2, He and Li Atoms and Ions with Atoms and Molecules" (pdf: 10.8 MB), C. F. Barnett (Ed.), ORNL-6086 (1990)
- Volume 2: "Collisions of Electrons with Atoms and Molecules", J. W. Gallagher (Ed.), ORNL-6087, 2nd ed., (1994)
Currently unavailable; there is some doubt about whether this edition was actually published.
- Volume 3: "Atomic Data for Fusion: Particle Interactions with Surfaces" (pdf: 11.4 MB), E. W. Thomas (Ed.), ORNL-6088 (1985)
- Volume 4: "Spectroscopic Data for Iron" (pdf: 35.5 MB), W. L. Wiese (Ed.), ORNL-6089 (1985)
- Volume 5: "Collisions of Carbon and Oxygen Ions with Electrons, H, H2 and He" (pdf: 25.9 MB), R. A. Phaneuf, R. K. Janev, and M. S. Pindzola (eds.), ORNL-6090 (1987)
- Volume 6: "Spectroscopic Data for Titanium, Chromium, and Nickel"